You might think I'm superstitious but I believe that bad things come in three. Too many times it's come true for me and the family. Recently, my dad was diagnosed with a blood disease (Factor V Lieden, I believe) and the specialists are still looking into a nerve issue as well. Well, the blood disorder could possibly have been passed on to us kids. Thanks papa-dukes! :) I had my blood drawn (which left an awful bruise for awhile) and I think Justin will be doing his soon too. My results won't be back for another week or so. Depending on what they are will determine what I do with birth control -- it's a clotting issue and birth control increases the risks of clotting. Also, the boys would be tested to see if it passed on to them. My dad will be on some meds to help him with clotting for the rest of his life but I'll take that over a stroke.
That's #1. #2, my Grandma Lourens went on a trip to Brownsville, TX with my mom to visit her Aunt Fay. While down there, Grandma had some issues and was admitted to the hospital the second day of her trip. Turns out, Grandma had ulcers and hernias (I think that's what it is-- her stomach is going up through her abdomen which is not good). She was medavac'ed back to Iowa -- my mom was the co-pilot on the little plane -- and is now at Mercy in Des Moines. I'm waiting to hear from mom about the recent upper GI test they did today.
#3... well, I first thought number 3 was my great Uncle Doug passing -- my dad's dad's brother, the last of the Wheeler boys. But dad said he was older, had Parkinson's, so folks knew the time was coming I suppose. Turns out, I'm giving #3 to Garett: pneumonia! He had a bit of a temp on Saturday night, Sunday wasn't doing too much better, and by Sunday night, he had a 104.1 rectal temp. Dr. Faught said to take him in to the ER. He was given more Tylenol, some chest x-rays, and pedialyte. Little guy had some pneumonia starting in his right middle lobe (lung). Good thing we took him in when we did the doc told us... well, me. Jake stayed with Wyatt at home so the ER visit was manageable. Monday I had off for inservices (they don't like paying subs to learn I guess) so the boys and I cuddled and played a lot. Garett is doing sooooo much better and, yes mom, he is getting his antibiotics as prescribed! :) He's smiling again and is his playful, hungry self!!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment