Recently, my mom began selling Tastefully Simple products. I love the foods and drinks. They are tasty and really quite simple... IF you follow directions! And that's a BIG if!Last night, I made the Creamy Wild Rice soup and added in a can of chicken. Directions were simple: add dry mix to five cups hot water. Stir, simmer, serve! Well, I got right to work, adding in water, heating it all together, and simmering it. The flavors were infusing, the aroma was tantalizing. The soup looked appetizing!
I served the family their bowls of soup with Bisquik biscuits (not enough time for Bountiful Beer bread!) and salad. I'm enjoying my soup thinking if Jake likes it I'll order and make it again. All of a sudden, Jake starts looking around with a curious look in his eye -- the wheels were turning. Usually this means he's going to spice something up somehow. Instead he asks me what all I put in it. I said water. He asked how much while pulling the box out of the trash. I replied with five cups, like the directions. He goes on to say how it's a little watered down for his taste considering it's called CREAMY! All of a sudden, embarrassment sets in. In my haste to get the soup going, I had pulled my plastic liquid measuring cup out mistaking it for my small glass one which happens to be 1 cup. The plastic one... two cups! DID NOT EVEN PHASE ME earlier! I had made this "creamy" soup with double the amount of water!!!!!!!
Jake came to the rescue and began boiling it (even though the recipe said not to) and the extra water boiled out of it. The soup began to look creamy! He said it was quite good after that. I admitted how I had thought earlier it was good enough for me! My taste buds are obviously not as snobby as his!!! :)
In the end, Tastefully Simple can be just that... tasteful and simple. But Jake informed me he is NOWHERE NEAR the end of teasing me about it! I guess simple and tasty is in the eye (or taste bud) of the eater!

1 comment:
That is hilarious! Love it!
Post a Comment