Last night, we attended the Meddac Dining Out. It was supposed to be open for all medical soldiers and civilians, but it was not really publicized that way. It ended up that Jake was the other soldier from Vet Comm that attended! So it was a slow start to our night. We had a nice meal, enjoyed some good jokes from the guest speaker, and had some good talks with Lt Col Faught (my doctor) and Col Warren (the hospital commander). Also, we spoke with Cpt Ament, an OR nurse, who heads up a soccer team. I told him to keep my name and I would love to sub for him if needed. It's been YEARS since I played soccer but that would so much fun!
By the end of the night (10:30 pm), we were the last ones standing around, talking with Col Warren. The DJ had quit, the tables were being cleaned off and put away, and, well, the place was empty. Way to party, Meddac! I'm glad we went though... Jake got to pin on his EFMB badge and wear it on his dress blues for the first time!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment