Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Christmas 2008

We got to celebrate Christmas at home this year. Because of that, I had WAY too much time to bake goodies (and eat most of them). We tried to keep the spending to a minimum but it's always hard to not buy your kids everything!! But it's hard to buy the "good" stuff when you go shopping the night before Christmas (um, this is strictly Jake's fault! I can say that on here since he rarely reads the blog). Anyhow, we had lots of fun as a family. Garett had an early morning feeding before Wyatt was awake and then went back to sleep. So Garett didn't take part in the festivities this year! Just gave Wyatt more presents to unwrap. This year, Wyatt understood the Elf on the Shelf a bit more and we left cookies out for Santa this time!!
This is the collection of cookies I made over Christmas: FROSTED sugar cookies, chocolate-covered pretzels, pecan-rolo-pretzel bites, pb fudge, buckeyes (or pb balls), chocolate-covered marshmallows, no-bakes, some white cookie thing for Jake (I forgot the name), and of course KRINGLAS!!!!
Garett did not wake up for Christmas this year!!

Our double-chin pic. Ok, mine's the worse by far but I can laugh about it now... but when I don't mean to have one in a pic and I do, that's when I cry!! :)
Wyatt checking out the gifts from Santa (the already-opened, ready-to-play-with gifts)
Our Christmas tree all decorated. That choo-choo train is awesome but a bit of a headache. Well worth it though to watch how excited Wyatt is to play with it!

No comments: