Sunday, January 18, 2009

Garett's Giggles and Rolls, Wyatt's Prayer

Let me first say I am sooo sorry I haven't put up new pics/video yet. I am having to use Jake's laptop -- mine is not connecting to the internet right now. And my computer is the one that has the videos and pictures on it. But I promise to catch up as soon as I can! I have some great pics to put on as well as a new video of Garett... giggling! :)

It is so stinking cute! It's an actual giggle too. But he really only does it when Jake is tickling or playing with him. He smiles at me but that's the extent of our relationship. :)

Garett is also rolling over now. He is really good at rolling from his back to his belly but he will also go from his belly to his back. I usually find him on his belly by morning time in his crib. A few times we have checked on him in the evening and found him with his legs sticking out through the rails! It's so funny.

Garett is also eating some solids now. He seems to enjoy rice cereal with applesauce and will deal with some veggies. We've only tried sweet peas and squash -- we had to work our way through the squash but he took to the sweet peas pretty well. He doesn't do the gag-shake like Wyatt did. Instead, he does this sort of spit thing. And he is way messier than his big brother -- the foods finds it way on to his face, hands, bib, clothes, EVERYWHERE!

As for my sweetheart Wyatt, he is talking so much better and even tells jokes (at least he things so). He is such a cutie and is learning so much at preschool. I'm so glad he goes! The other night he shared with us a prayer that he learned at daycare. It goes something like this (to the tune of Frere Jacques):
God the Father, God the Father
Thank you, Thank you
something something Blessings
Amen, Amen

Sorry about that fourth line but we can't quite tell what he's saying! And I always forget to ask at the daycare. But it was so sweet the night he shared it with us at the table! We were both smiling and so darn proud of him.

I have one more week of my long-term sub job. I'm going to miss the students and my teammates/school but am looking forward to a little time off again. Jake is going out of town the week after I'm done so if I'm not working then, the boys and I are going to travel down and hand out for a little with him at Fort Rucker.

Everything is going so well for our family right now. Again, sorry for the lack of photos but I will get some put on soon (I hope).

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gosh...you are such a slacker with the photos. Ha! Just kidding sister. We understand! There is so much going on. I am glad Wyatt is feeling better. I can't wait to see the new video of Garett giggling. He's such a cutie. Have fun your last week of teaching. Remember..... you are always welcome here too!

Becky said...

Sounds like you are having lots of fun with the boys!! Some of our friends little boys used to sing that song. Here's their version:
God our Father, God our Father
Hear our prayers, Hear our prayers,
Thank you for our blessings, Thanks you for our blessings,
Amen, Amen