Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fishing on Post



One HUGE benefit (in Jake's eyes) to living on post is the fishing. We are minutes away from numerous ponds/lakes and the Chattahoochee River. Jake has gone out a few times on his own, once with Wyatt, and twice with the whole family. Let's just say he fishes while I parent... not the most fun for me but it's time with the family and I can't argue about that!

The other night, Wyatt and him went fishing and caught a catfish and a small-mouth bass. Wyatt actually held the bass in the mouth. But before Daddy could take a picture, the bass flipped and freaked Wyatt out!!! Needless to say, Wyatt will probably never want to hold another fish for a long time. He does, however, have no problem taking out the worms and pulling them apart for bait (not a favorite of Grandma Barnoski's!). **The only pic from this fishing trip is on our phones so until I figure out how to get it saved to my computer from the phone, the picture above will have to suffice!

Last night, we all went fishing at the river. We had lots of little bites. Turns out, lots of little fish were hanging out at our spot. Jake hooked a super small blue gill/??? -- we're not sure. It was fun but the fish didn't make it... so he became Jake's bait! The boys got very sandy and enjoyed themselves thoroughly. It was definitely bath time for all of us when we got home!

I am not sure why I am holding my arm pit in this picture... they were shaved, I promise! :)

Our little Goaty fast asleep after some fishing/playing in the sand.

Chubby Bubby!

Jake's catch while out fishing with Daine... a favorite past-time of his. I don't mind it since I usually get some chatting time with Jessica, but the boys can easily disrupt that!
Notice the fish is being held out quite a ways... Jake is a master at deception.

No comments: