We went on our first family outing yesterday ... it may be our last! Garett absolutely HATED the baby life jacket and Wyatt, already scared by daddy with the "alligators in the water" talk, screamed and cried, shouting, "We're gonna die! We're gonna die!" as daddy took off, trying to work the accelerator and the trim at the same time. It was so hot out, that didn't help at all. We were out for probably less than 10 minutes when I told Jake I couldn't handle it any more. He dropped us off at the dock, where Wyatt continued freaking out and shouting, "I'm gonna fall in!" *He was in the middle of the dock, nowhere NEAR the edge. Wyatt calmed down once in the truck and Garett chilled out the second the life jacket came off. Jake went back out for a couple of hours while I took the boys to the pool -- there's no alligators there! Jake is going to take Wyatt out on the boat soon, just them two, so Wyatt can see how much fun it can be. Daddy got better at the driving once we all got off. Garett, on the other hand, might be staying with our neighbors while we three go out for rides and fishing. Uncontrollable screaming and wiggling doesn't make for a fun ride for mommy... and I don't think the fish respond well to that, either! :)
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
The Boat
At long last (actually, not that long really), Jake has a boat. It's a bass boat, not my top choice, but he got it for a great deal. It's a 1987 Stratos (for those of you who know boats) and can get going pretty fast so I could ski/tube behind it.
We went on our first family outing yesterday ... it may be our last! Garett absolutely HATED the baby life jacket and Wyatt, already scared by daddy with the "alligators in the water" talk, screamed and cried, shouting, "We're gonna die! We're gonna die!" as daddy took off, trying to work the accelerator and the trim at the same time. It was so hot out, that didn't help at all. We were out for probably less than 10 minutes when I told Jake I couldn't handle it any more. He dropped us off at the dock, where Wyatt continued freaking out and shouting, "I'm gonna fall in!" *He was in the middle of the dock, nowhere NEAR the edge. Wyatt calmed down once in the truck and Garett chilled out the second the life jacket came off. Jake went back out for a couple of hours while I took the boys to the pool -- there's no alligators there! Jake is going to take Wyatt out on the boat soon, just them two, so Wyatt can see how much fun it can be. Daddy got better at the driving once we all got off. Garett, on the other hand, might be staying with our neighbors while we three go out for rides and fishing. Uncontrollable screaming and wiggling doesn't make for a fun ride for mommy... and I don't think the fish respond well to that, either! :)

We went on our first family outing yesterday ... it may be our last! Garett absolutely HATED the baby life jacket and Wyatt, already scared by daddy with the "alligators in the water" talk, screamed and cried, shouting, "We're gonna die! We're gonna die!" as daddy took off, trying to work the accelerator and the trim at the same time. It was so hot out, that didn't help at all. We were out for probably less than 10 minutes when I told Jake I couldn't handle it any more. He dropped us off at the dock, where Wyatt continued freaking out and shouting, "I'm gonna fall in!" *He was in the middle of the dock, nowhere NEAR the edge. Wyatt calmed down once in the truck and Garett chilled out the second the life jacket came off. Jake went back out for a couple of hours while I took the boys to the pool -- there's no alligators there! Jake is going to take Wyatt out on the boat soon, just them two, so Wyatt can see how much fun it can be. Daddy got better at the driving once we all got off. Garett, on the other hand, might be staying with our neighbors while we three go out for rides and fishing. Uncontrollable screaming and wiggling doesn't make for a fun ride for mommy... and I don't think the fish respond well to that, either! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment