Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Day of Fishing

Jake used his four-day pass to allow us some alone time on the boat this past weekend. The boys were still in daycare for a few more days so we thought it was a fool-proof plan. Turns out, you get cell service on the lake. The daycare called to tell us Wyatt had a temp of 101, and by regulations that means he must leave. I left the boat to get Wyatt and since his temp was holding steady and his mood still pleasant, he joined us on the boat. He did a great job floating in the tube we borrowed from friends while I read my book and daddy fished. *Don't worry, Wyatt's rope from the boat to the tube was about one foot long so he wasn't going anywhere!
The beginning to our day on the water... kid-less!

Jake is focused on fishing... I'm about to focus on sun tanning!

That wee little fish in between Jake's fingers, that was his first catch of the day.

Somewhat proud

This is more like it!

Fish kiss

Trying to get a pic together... thanks for the effort, Jake.

Wyatt was such a good boy on the boat!

Thank you, Jake!

This all took place on Friday. Monday, we did the same thing but at a different lake. We had some good fun then too. We both caught a few fish. Two we kept, mainly because they swallowed the hooks and did not survive. So we have a few "fish sticks" in the freezer. Jake needs to catch a few more fish before we can have our fish fry! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure there will not be alligators in the lake???? I don't want my grandson eaten for a snake by a big 'ol gator!!!
Be careful
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Ooops - I meant "eaten for a snack by a big 'ol gator!!!"