Seriously! My classroom is FULL of roaches. The principal today told me to invest in roach kill spray and roach motels. Another gal told me to use tape (something like roaches are attracted to the glue on the tape). This one obviously works as evident in the posters I pulled off of the wall -- the tape was COVERED with roaches.I NOW HAVE A ROACH PHOBIA!!!
Once I finally left my room after a few hours of cleaning up the mess the last teacher left me (including half-eaten Taco Bell) and sorting through some curriculum materials, I stopped at a gas station for water. As I was drinking the water, I kept looking down at the bottle to check if there were any roaches on it! Obsessed, yes. Horrified, yes.
I told my principal that roaches are delicacies in some countries -- we could eat for weeks on these things if we lived in those countries. She told me to collect all the roaches I want and enjoy! :)

2 comments:
doesn't the school spray for bugs????
Love Mom
p.s. I hate bugs!!!! When I had you kids I had to be brave!! Oh it was soooo hard!! I hate mice too!!!
oh that tape is such a good idea. i would try that one but then i would have to take care of the roaches when it was time. ick. i have had a phobia of roaches forever. i don't know why but i am way more scared of them than any other bugs. they are so incredibly sick. and we have seen so many lately. i went running tonight and seriously saw about 30 on the sidewalks. soooo gross. oh and we have found 2 in our bed in the last two weeks! crawling on us. so there. ok i am sweating and i am going to not be able to go to bed now. and i couldn't look at your picture on here... way too creepy!
Post a Comment