Saturday, June 6, 2009

VERY Quick Update

Jake has been in Ecuador this past week doing food audits. I will report more on that later (he was tasked with taking numerous pictures for me!).

During the week, my mom came for a visit. It was WONDERFUL! She kept telling me we didn't get much accomplished at the house. True, but we had some great times together working out, playing with the boys, and shopping shopping shopping!!

Some new things...
Wyatt got a Spiderman bike from Grandma and Papa (thanks to the post thrift store). It needed new tires and tubes so I, Ms. Handydandy, took care of that. Our neighbor, Eddy, helped me fix the training wheels too so he is fully supported on his new big boy bike!

Garett has some new shoes (I'll post pics soon). I'm so excited. I know you shouldn't put a young kiddo in shoes all of the time. He's starting to furniture surf and stand for a moment on his own so I want him to have shoes accessible for when we go to the park/restaurants and he moves around.

The best buy to share is our new boat! Jake found it on craigslist and we test drove it a few weekends ago. After getting a loan through USAA, Jake told me to finish the paperwork while he was gone. Unbeknownst to him, it is a huge ordeal to finish a loan like this and it includes fax machines... I HATE fax machines!! Anyhow, we had some bumps in the road and I didn't think it would get done till next week (can you hear Jake's heart breaking??). Well, USAA ROCKS! They worked with me to get the whole thing rushed so the boat could be purchased and in our driveway tonight before Jake returned from Ecuador! I can't wait for him to see it. I know he will be thrilled! Thanks to Joe, Jake's dad, for helping me through some stuff in relation to boats as this is all new to me. Luckily, we bought from a great guy who is a local police officer and in the National Guard (goes active soon so he was selling the boat). I will post pics later of the boat as well.

There you go, a quick update on the important folks! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna,
It was wonderful to be able to come and spend time with you and your boys. I was able to bond more with Garett and of course play more with Wyatt!! They are sooo precious to me. It was fun to spend quality time with you too-just the two of us-we need to do that more often. My arm feels better after the water aerobics!! I love doing that!! Am glad Jake got home. Am anxious to here all about his trip too!! Take care AnnaBanana and remember mom loves you!!
Love
Mom- mom wheeler!!

Jennifer said...

That is awesome you got a boat! How fun! I bet the boys will LOVE going out in the water on it. When you come down to visit us, you will have to bring it and we can all go out on the boat! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Heard about the trim/getting on plane story. That's classic!