Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Cajun Boil

The commissary was having a seafood sale this past weekend so I headed up there to pick up some good eats. I bought some shrimp, crab, and crawfish. We was gonna have ourselves a good ol' cajun boil! We invited the Scotts over (well, I think I sorta told them... but we needed help eating all of this food). With the guys fishing all day, the boil wasn't ready until later but it turned out pretty well for it being my first try! I bought a huge stock pot and put everything in there... the seafood, potatoes, corn, and then lots of seasonings. It was more food than we could stomach!
The wooden spoons would be our weapon of choice for the crabs... until Jake remembered we have a big metal meat tenderizer!
What a feast... served on brown bags! Easy clean up.

Daine took a candid shot of our feast. He did not partake. I did not know he was not a seafood fan. I guess the boil was made up of his fishing bait... not appetizing to him. Oh well.

The three of us trying to make a dent on the boil. We had to leave room for the cornbread and angel food cake dessert I made.

After the boil, we saved any leftover shrimp, corn, and potatoes. Sunday night, I made a shrimp stirfry with the shrimp and good ol' Yoshidas. We LOVE that sauce! You can not make a better sauce at home. It was pretty darn good! Then Monday night, we had some cajun Tilapia with the leftover corn and potatoes. Don't worry, Jake... we are done with seafood for a little while! :)

3 comments:

I {Heart} Recess said...

It was a good feast! I HATE the candid, I look pregnant--awful picture!

Good luck tomorrow!

Emily said...

i don't really even like seafood, but that looks so good!

Jennifer said...

Looks fantastic sista! I wish we lived closer so we could be eating partners. You know we love seafood. Way to go! Plus, I am so excited for your new job! Super cool!