Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy 7th Anniversary, Honey!

This was one of our engagement pictures -- October 2001

We have officially made it seven years! Today was our anniversary. We did not have a date since it was Memorial Day and sitters were hard to come by (graduation this weekend as well), so we plan on going out this next Saturday. We are proud of our accomplishment and enjoy thinking about how much we have grown as a couple (and even just grown-up... marrying at 20 is not the most mature age!).

We have definitely had our difficult times and know there are plenty more coming our way. But we are getting better at working through them together and relying on our relationship with God to help us through it all. I'm glad I said yes to Jake's proposal in the trailer, as unplanned as it was, over 7 years ago to get us to where we are today!

As for the gifts, I don't know what 7 years is (wood, metal??) but Jake bought an ipod speaker thing and I got my fire pit! We are happy with our gifts and our future date night. I'm even happier to spend many more anniversaries with my husband. John Siemers, Jake's best man at our wedding, said in his toast: I hope you look back 20 years from now and see today as the day you loved each other the least. I can't wait to grow more in love with you, Jake, over the next 50+ years, God willing. Happy Anniversary, pookie!!!

PS- we went to Long John Silver's for dinner. They have these new lobster tail bites. We both ordered some just so we could say we had LOBSTER on our anniversary! ;)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awwww...7 years! That is awesome! Congratulations and enjoy your date on Saturday night! Bam...chicka....bam..bam!