This afternoon, I am going in to see my doctor about a bump I found. I'm a bit nervous but am hoping he says it's just a cyst. The appt. is at 2pm Eastern time. I'll post about the results later tonight or tomorrow. Say a little prayer for me!
Yesterday I subbed in the high school. It was lots of fun even though I had no idea for the most part what the students were working on - precalculus, calculus, and anatomy. I thought all day, "I wish I had Jake's brain!" I took precalc in college and got a B - probably could've made an A if I went to class more. Watching the students work on their assignments brought back some information but not enough to help the strugglers. For the most part, eveyone did a good job in the room. I didn't sit down much, just kept walking the room, which totally helped with the management. I had a student who was talking a lot so I went and stood by him and he just stopped. But then, a few seconds later, he whispered to his buddy, "Is she still there?" His buddy said, "Yeah!" and I just chuckled. They kept working after that! Also, I share a powerpoint about myself so they can figure out who this gal is. At the end, I have Questions? written and the numbers 1-3. A boy asked me, "So we get to ask you three questions?" I said, "Yes. That's one, two more!" Everyone chuckled! I thought that was funny since rarely do I have such quick comebacks. I guess six years married to the world's best "comebacker" is starting to wear off on me. :) All in all, my first day of subbing at high school was not bad at all. They already signed me up for four more days over the next few weeks.
And I promise to finally post pictures from Wyatt's birthday this weekend! By the way, Jake surprised me with an ice cream cake last night!! That definitely earned him some points -- it was pralines and cream with angel food cake. YUMMY! Guess what's for lunch?!?! :)
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Anna! I hope everything goes well at your appointment. Your boys are WAY TOO CUTE!!!
Have a great weekend.
Maria
Post a Comment