Friday, November 7, 2008

Mrs. Substitute

Yesterday, I subbed in a classroom for the first time. It made me respect all of my past subs!! It was fun, no doubt, but totally wore me out. And it was definitely hard to leave Garett but it helped knowing his big brother was there too! Wyatt told me a story last night that he was sad about Garett (the words he used were No See Garett! :( ) I'm not sure if he was telling me he didn't get to see Garett at the daycare but it was still nice to see both of my boys at the end of the school day. The other plus to subbing was that I did not have to stay after work to plan for the next day!! That was sure nice.

I got a call early this morning for another job but had to decline - I have lots to do around the house (as soon as I'm done blogging) and Wyatt only has 4 hours left for the week; otherwise they charge me a ton more for a few more hours. I work again next Thursday for sure. I'm glad Jake will be here to help me get the boys ready and to daycare that time.

Oh yeah, all the kids loved learning to say my last name! I showed them a barn, an opera singer, and a skiier! Barn-aaahhhh (in your best opera voice of course)-ski! We even do movements for those tactile learners. :)

No comments: