Saturday, November 22, 2008

Try to Play Catch Up!

I will post some pics tomorrow (hopefully!) but for now, here's an update:

Garett is smiling and cooing! A-dor-able!!! It definitely makes the crying time at night much more doable. And his hair is starting to come in more on the top. So he's looking less like my Uncle Alan (hair on the sides, missing on the top). Love you, Al!!!

Wyatt is Wyatt... even in his crazy moments, he makes us laugh and smile!! He's counting up to ten but somehow the numbers get in the wrong place. For example, a normal count for him goes something like: 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,5. Oh well! We're working on it. Also, our little "weed" has some new pants and shirts that fit him -- we couldn't wait for Christmas! Turns out our 3 year old is needing 4T and up for his legs and torso. But the pants either need a belt or those elastic tabs to pull them tighter to fit Wyatt's little waist.

Jake is doing well at work and loving his job with the Army. He has an upcoming trip the second week of December that involves all of the Captains from the Southeast region. He should have lots of fun! One of the Captains coming is from his Vet class.

As for me, I've been subbing every few days mostly at the local high school. It's lots of fun and challenging. But on Friday, I got a call asking if I could do a long-term job at the second grade level. Uhhh, YES!!! I'm so excited. For one, the pay more than doubles a day. And this is guaranteed work from the beginning of December through some of January. I'm not sure how long for sure -- the teacher is getting back surgery. I meet with her on Monday and will observe her class for most of the day. Then the Monday after Thanksgiving, I'm on! I'm excited and hope that I can quickly get into a groove of adding teacher back to my list of "jobs"! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

YEAH!!!! That is awesome you got a long term job! Second Grade is super! I am hoping I get to get back to the primary grades when I get another teraching job. I love the little ones! They are so smart! Sometimes I think smarter than the older ones. I am counting the days down till I get to see you!
Love you sister!

hey look at what i did said...

Good luck with the teaching job! Sounds like fun!