Last night, Wyatt got an ear infection. With that, he spiked a fever. He kept waking up every few hours (interesting how my baby slept through the night and my preschooler was the one getting up every 2-4 hours). He was crying and screaming, it hurt so bad. I gave him some pain reliever and I made a child-sized heat pack that seemed to help. But it was still a very rough night on us - I think the snuggles with mom helped but didn't cure it! :(
We met Dr. Faught early this morning and discovered that his ears are pretty bad - there's a bubble causing all the pressure in both of the ears. Once it bursts, he will feel much better but it will hurt, might even leave a small scar. So we got some numbing drops for his ears and an antibiotic. He's been resting a lot in bed or on the sofa. I gave him a bath earlier too - he was happy to do it at first but then wanted out, that's how sick he is!! His fever was 102 earlier this morning before the doc and then around 11 am, it was about 104.5. Poor little man!
I'm hoping the fever breaks soon so he can be more comfortable. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to sub for the first time but will cancel if he isn't doing any better. Garett is doing well which is making this more doable for me. (I just checked on Wyatt laying next to me on the sofa and he is OUT and he doesn't feel as warm!!)
This picture of Dirty is for Jake - your best friend misses you but is excited, like all of us, to have you home again this Saturday!! Love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment