After all my cooking in the kitchen lately of sweets, I am delighted to say I have laid off of the "hard stuff"! I now stick to the strawberry shortcake, chocolate mouse, boston creme pie, lemon creme pie, and even some raspberry cheesecake! Luckily, I'm talking about those Yoplait Light yogurts!!! :) Jake usually has yogurt with his breakfast on his PT mornings when he eats at work. So I picked him up some on my latest grocery shopping trip. But I saw all these other ones and, turns out, they're better for you than the ones I usually buy him - less fat, calories, and more protein. Huh - who would have guessed?!?! So I can continue to indulge myself in a smart way!
I applied for a position today on post - Curriculum Training Specialist (I think that's the title). It pays real well and I'm directly qualified. I'd be working with adults more than kiddos but it's still in the educational setting. I'm excited and nervous. Either way, I'm looking forward to getting back to work and into a schedule again.
Wyatt went to school today but not willingly. He's been going to time-out a lot lately. Jake and I have been talking about this a lot since we don't want to raise a kid who causes problems but is he being redirected first? I'm going to talk to his room teacher today and see what's going on. My little guy LOVED going to school up until the last few days. So we'll figure this out and make changes as necessary.
Garett slept for six hours last night. I felt so rested when he woke me up at 2 for a feeding. I actually remember walking to his room from our bed! :) The evenings have been going pretty tough though - lots of crying, screaming. The doc said he may be a little colicy. Atleast it seems that the more he screams in the evening, the more he sleeps at night. There's always a silver lining! :)
We leave for Florida tomorrow night. Jake gets Friday and Monday off so we are spending the long weekend at the beach. With our military connection, we were able to reserve a HOUSE on Tyndall AFB for only $52/night. And there's a private beach there as well. We're hoping to do some crabbing and, of course, build sand castles! I'm not overly enthused about the idea of a swimsuit on right now (I'm talking about me, not Jake!) but maybe we will be the only ones on the beach. Either way, I'm looking forward to getting out of the house for a little bit and changing up the scenery.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that sounds like a nice little getaway. i hope you guys have fun and get tan. and i hope things just keep getting better with garett at night. oh and those yogurts are so sick... yuck!
Post a Comment