Sunday, October 19, 2008

Semi-Homemade Cooking with Anna Christine


Some of you may have heard of the Food Network show, "Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee". I love it!!! She makes some yummy goodies that are simple and fast. I've made a few things from her shows already. But the other day, I became a semi-homemade pro! While we were in Florida, we had high hopes of going to Cinnabon - we've found that many air force installations seem to have Cinnabon in their shopping area. Unfortunately, Tyndall let us down. So I got the idea of making them at home. I made candied pecans (we ate them by the handfuls!) to put on top of a Pillsbury cinnamon roll along with a drizzle of caramel - Jake and I prefer that version of the cinnamon roll. It was a hit!! Sooo tasty and the caramel and pecans really made it taste like the real thing. For those of you who don't know this, I started a blog for recipes. I'm going to put this one up there for you if you ever want to try it at home. You'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please send me an invite to join the recipe blog site. Have a couple of recipes to share too. Like the photos. Can't wait to see more. sounds like you all had a great time!!!
Love
Mom