Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Little Picasso


Three days a week, Wyatt goes to childcare/preschool. He loves it! So on Tuesday and Thursday, I have him at home with me and Garett. Thursdays, we go to a bible study on post and Wyatt gets to play with other kids there. Yesterday, I went to Wal-Mart and saw finger paints and a preschool activity book so I picked them up to give us something to do on our Tuesdays. We've also been doing bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and lots of cooking together!

I read somewhere an idea to reuse paper bags from the grocery store as art paper. So once we got home, I chopped up a bag and gave him room for some artistic creativity! He didn't know what to do at first so I shoved his hands in it. He got the idea real fast after that.

Here's some of his work. Both pieces are being sold, proceeds going to a local charity. There will be an art show at the local daycare next Friday night with snacks and hobnobbing with the artist. He has put his signature on them and they are truly one of a kind!! :)


PS - Mom, I'm joking about the art show and selling the paintings! They're priceless so I think I'll hold on to them!!

2 comments:

Grandma Cindi said...

Good thing you added PS MOM on there cause I started thinking about buying those paintings!!! Too bad they weren't for sale- probably would have paid for part of his college!! Oh well, too bad, the deal is off now!!

Jennifer said...

Love it! What a great idea! You are such a great mommy! I love you guys and can't wait to see Wyatt's one of a kind work in person! He's has such an eye for texture and color! Way to go Wyatt! What an Ar-teest!