Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wyatt, the Performer

I've always thought that the silly boy on stage during a play or musical performance who's waving hi to mom, twirling around (not girly... just like he's bored and feels like doing what HE wants to do), singing loudly and probably off key, and just being that child that people notice would be ours.
Welp, my thoughts were RIGHT ON TARGET!!! Today, at my bible study, the little kiddos presented a song to all of us women. I had no idea this was happening (causing me to be very upset with myself for not having the camera in my purse) and had just finished nursing Garett in the choir room when I heard little voices in the back of the sanctuary. I came out and saw all of them sitting in the back pew, waiting to go up front. Wyatt suddenly notices me behind him and I worried that he would cause a scene and want to come stand by me. No, Anna, don't get too much of an ego that your son wants you that much!! :) He just turned in his seat and smiled at me! His eyes stayed locked on me for quite awhile and we just kept smiling, waving, and making faces at each other!
Then I took a seat and the kiddos headed to the front. Once they were up on stage (Wyatt in the back -- duh, he's an ogre like his mommy), a cute little girl said hi to her mom. WELL, Wyatt notices this and decides to start waving. Not to me at first but to the whole sanctuary. Then he starts adding in, "Hi mommy... mommy, hi. Hi!" I start to tear up, I'm laughing so hard! His teacher shared with us that they were going to sing a song but instead will just repeat the words, they hadn't had enough time to practice. Besides that, Wyatt only knows the tune to two songs: Thumbkin and Twinkle, Twinkle. As some of you know, Twinkle is his tune of choice for EVERYTHING!!!!
Anyhow, the teacher took a knee in front with the microphone and invited a shorter boy to the front to sit down. Wyatt took that as an invite for him to head to the front too and sit.... RIGHT in front of the microphone! Now, as for repeating, most of the kids did just that. My son repeated AFTER the teacher AND the other kiddos were done! AND right into the microphone!!!! After their second round, he returned to his spot in the back only to twirl around a bit, acting very uninterested in the rest of the production. At the end, they all filed out of the sanctuary. My wonderful little man stopped for a moment to hug his mommy... and, as he starts to walk away, realized he forgot his baby brother! He returned for a quick squeeze on Garett and then retreated to his classroom for a bit longer.
Wow!! Mommy has learned her lesson... NEVER EVER forget the camera!

**Luckily there was a woman attending today snapping pics of our bible study program and she snapped a few of Wyatt on request. So I will post those as soon as I get them! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awwww... this is an even better story. I even teared up as I was reading you teared up. I know I would if Luke did that too! It must be a mommy son thing. Love you sister!