Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Okay, Mommy!

Ok, picture this! My son is jumping from couch to couch, having a blast! I let it keep going since he's having a blast (and, really, it's not that far of a jump... and he's a boy!). All of a sudden, something occurs in his mind that makes him think doing a somersault OFF of the couch is a good idea. Crash, boom, bang... my big boy lands hard on his butt bone! I rush to the rescue, worrying that the injury is a bad one. I'm rubbing his bum, hoping all will be okay, when Wyatt turns to me and shows me his tongue. Oh my! The fall has caused him to bite his tongue... not too bad, but bad enough that it's bleeding. No, I won't kiss that but he suddenly quits the tears when I offer him a piece of candy (not a normal parenting piece of mine but when it's needed, do it!).
Well, that evening (the previous story occurs around lunch time), I'm cooking dinner and notice that he is again jumping from couch to couch to floor. I say to my "leaping skyscrapers superhero" to be careful, please don't do this. He informs me, in a very grown-up, reassuring manner that "I OK, mommy. I won't bite my tongue! No."
All I have to say, besides the chuckle that comes over me each time I think of this, is I have an amazing little boy who can take on the world with such assurance that I look forward to seeing all that he can accomplish. No pain, no gain. I love you, Wyatt James!!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

All I have to say is..... awwwww! What a cute story!
Love you!