Thursday, July 9, 2009

Little Boy, Green Thumb

One day, I got the crazy idea of trying to beautify the outside of our house. I know we are renting and, as Jake would say, why do too much to it when it's not "ours". Well, it makes me feel better about where we live. So I invested less than $20 and some good work hours outside. I had to dig up so areas since there were some dead plants and piles of dirt in our front walk area. I hadn't gotten too far and Wyatt decided he needed to do some planting! Since he became a "diver" in swim class, I bought him some dive toys. Somehow Wyatt figured these would be great items to plant and grow! After "planting", he asked me for some water. Well, at least my son realizes plants need water... he's ahead of his mother already!! He'll probably have better luck growing his toys than I do growing an actual plant. :)



Mom, where's my pitcher????? :)
As you can see in the background, I was in the beginning stages, clearing the area and seeing what I was working with: 8 bricks and lots of extra dirt!

No comments: