This past weekend, I went on a ladies' retreat to Callaway Gardens, about 45 minutes away. The retreat was put on by my neighbor's church and since there was a lady who had to cancel last minute, Anna invited me! I was so excited. It was a relaxing and energizing retreat, very intimate with about 20 ladies.
I was reminded at the retreat to abide in our Lord. One of my favorite verses from the weekend was, "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." —2 Corinthians 12:9-10
At our third and final session, I came upon this thought: I would rather be in a storm of trials and tribulations for the rest of my life if it means me seeking and staying close to the Lord. Then, I considered my fear: becoming content again in my life and trailing away from God. It would be best if I learned the importance and value of a strong relationship with God this time around and, no matter the circumstances -- good or bad -- remain close to Him.
Here's some fun pictures of the resort...
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love it!!! Wish I could go to another one of those sometime. I need to look into that somehow!!
Love
Mom
looks like a fun time! did the water taste any different?
I like your thinking! The staying closer to God thought and having the hard times to stay connected. It really makes sense and is a valuable statement. Love you sis! Glad you got to experience the Icelandic water?
Post a Comment