One of my first weeks of school, I am going to focus on Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, a great repetitive book for introducing colors and animals to students. One fun activity we will do with shapes is make the characters out of tangram pieces. Here are a few that I made up on my own (I found a site that had some already... so I had to get creative). Let me know what you think!
Here is another... only the head (two large triangles, two small for eyes). But I have pieces left over that I need to use up. Ideas???

Teacher version 1
Teacher version 2
Teacher version 3... which one is your favorite?
Bird #1 (the two small triangles on the left are the beak... it's chirping!)...
... bird number 2 (this one is flying to the right)
Fish... duh!
Horse... the medium triangle on the neck is sort of like its mane.
Please post your comments and share your thoughts, especially about the frog. I am in need of your thoughts for that amphibian. I think this will make a great center for the students during our Brown Bear week. I'm thinking of making the tangrams into colored sets to match the characters (blue horse, red bird, etc).
I am having issues with creating a frog. Here is one...
Here is another attempt at a "jumping" frog. I have searched online and I guess the chinese were stumped by this creature too since I can not find a single tangram pattern for a frog.
Here was my first frog attempt. Now that I see it, I don't really "see" it anymore!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment