Monday, July 20, 2009

A Minute Update

The boys are doing great! Garett is on the verge of taking his first steps. He will stand on his own for a while now, and walks like a stud with just one hand for help. Wyatt is always wanting to play with his friends which allows him the opportunity of learning to be nice! Just a few minutes ago, he poked a little girl in the eye because she wouldn't let him have a turn. Someone tattled on him to me and he came in for a time out. After a moment sitting down quietly, we talked. I asked him if that's how we are nice to our friends. He said no. Then I talked to him about what to do when he doesn't get a turn. He said he should ask instead of poking. He said he liked having friends so we need to be nice to them. Once he was allowed back out, he ran up to the girl and said, "I'm sorry, I'm very very sorry!" It was soooo sweet!

Jake is doing well. He recently took over the branck -- so more responsibility. But I know he will do well. He is just so calm and cool at work. He went to the ER on Saturday night. His chest was bothering him and I could hear a crunching/rubbing in there. Our friend Nikki, a PA, listened and said if he came to her clinic, she would want an xray. So he headed in. Xray and CT were normal so the doc diagnosed it as pleurisy and gave him some Aleve to bring home... that is AFTER he was given some hydromorphone (sp?). Jake said that stuff TOTALLY relaxed him! :)

I'm doing well... trying to prep my classroom for the school year. I have some more boxes to go through and then organize all that is in the room now. The previous teacher FINALLY came and took all of her stuff. Unfortunately, that included some basic supplies and bookshelves. I will become good friends with our partners in education and PTA this year since we are not given much, if any, budget for materials!

There's the update! :)

No comments: